« Home | Memo to Benja » | Learning To Say I'm Sorry » | Conspiracy Theory, Parenting Advice ... » | Bob the Tomato, Books, and "Benja!" » | Apparently... » | Evolution of Story Time » | Simple Math » | Daughter Dearest » | Of gyms and stupids and hand picked eggs » | Magic Hands »

I Hope I Don't Spoil the Plot...

So, I've been watching Arrested Development. I'm consistently surprised at how much it can make me laugh. I'm hopelessly in love with Buster. He does his character so well, it's hard not to be. His compulsive back massaging, his delight in foul-mouthed construction workers....
Anyway, I have only seen most of the first season, so I may be speaking too soon, but I have a favorite. It's the one with flashbacks to the "lessons" George Sr teaches his kids. He uses a one-armed man to terrify the kids beyond reason for fairly benign offenses.

Here is the quote that has had me laughing all day:

Michael (who's son he thinks might need a "lesson"): I want the guy with the one arm and the fake blood. J. Walter Weatherman. How do I get a hold of him?

George Sr.: Well, he's, uh, dead. You killed him when you left the door open with the air conditioner on.

YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN WITH THE AIR CONDITIONER ON!!!! PEOPLE GET HURT!!!

:: kids screaming ::

Oh, how I love that show. Now I have to pop in my DVDs.

P.S. If Michael Bluth was my cousin, I would SO date him.

Michael...YUM!
I'd so date him too, but I'll stay away from his family...far far away.
AD is like the best show ever. Love Buster (Busty!), love Gob, George Michael. That quote is great HA HA! love the 'lessons'
Here's one more:

Lucille: [To the maid] Luz, that coat cost more than your house. [Lucille looks at Michael] That's how we joke. She doesn't even have a house.

"She doesn't even have a house." - thats one of my favorites. I also like 'There's always money in the banana stand.'

Post a Comment